If you're suffering from pain, stiffness, or an injury, such as lower back pain, neck pain, or sciatica, then continue reading this article.
I'm going to describe to you why seeing a doctor of physical therapy is your best choice because it's going to allow you to heal naturally and non-invasively.
It's going to allow you to get to the root cause of your pain, stiffness, or injury, and it's going to help make you feel normal again and not be reliant on resting, pain killers, or surgeries.
One of the best ways to heal your body is with motion, right. We have a saying here at Back in Motion which is MOTION IS LOTION.
So if you look at any tissues in the body that could become injured, whether that be a muscle, a tendon, a ligament, cartilage, your body heals with motion.
It doesn't do heal when your body is stagnant, right?
That's what's wrong with the current medical model, they want to prescribe pain killers, surgery, and injections, and those things may have a place from time-to-time, but they don't really help your body heal naturally.
Our bodies heal with motion and movement. We weren't made to sit on a couch and just heal.
When we move it puts tension on our tissues and then brings blood flow vascularity. It brings other nutrients to those injured areas and allows them to heal.
Save Time & Money
The second reason why you need to see a doctor of physical therapy is it's going to save you time, effort, and money, right.
So if you look at the current medical model, we want to prescribe those pain killers, those expensive surgeries, or expensive tests and it just doesn't work long-term, right.
If you look at the effects in any research, seeing a doctor of physical therapy first should be your first option because chances are, you don't even need that surgery, you don't need the drugs, and you don't need those injections.
So, seeing a doctor of physical therapy may be your best choice at hand.
By simply cutting out the “middlemen” (so to speak), and going directly to a physical therapist, you can – potentially – cut your healthcare costs by up to 50%.
5 Hard Facts Based On Scientific Studies & Data
1. Each year, half of all Americans over the age of 18 will develop a musculoskeletal injury that lasts longer than three months. That’s more than a hundred million people who could benefit from seeing a physical therapist.
2. In 2011, only about 11.7 million adults took advantage of outpatient physical therapy services, which means only 9.58% of the people who could have benefited from physical therapy services ever received them. Even if these numbers have positively shifted over the past several years, physical therapy needs to be the first place to go for musculoskeletal injuries. From there, anything more serious can be ruled out, and if a visit to your doctor is necessary it will be decided in your evaluation.
3. Studies show an average savings of $2,736 when an individual seeks physical therapy within 14 days of onset of low back pain. The money saved is due to decreases in spending on advanced imaging (i.e. MRI), additional physician visits, surgery, injections (i.e. epidurals), and opioid medications.
4. “A study saw better outcomes when patients sought out physical therapy within 6 weeks of the onset of pain. The categories of improved outcomes included disability, general health, social function, mental health, vitality, anxiety, and depression.”
The risk of chronic pain was also decreased. Dealing with the pain for weeks rather than years can significantly impact your well-being. There is no benefit to toughing it out and pushing through pain. In fact, there are only noted setbacks!
5. Compared to patients who saw a PT later or never, patients who saw a PT first had a lower probability of having an opioid prescription (89.4%), any advanced imaging services (27.9%), and an Emergency Department visit (14.7%). These patients also had significantly lower out‐of‐pocket costs. Costs appeared to shift away from outpatient and pharmacy toward provider settings. When LBP patients saw a PT first, there was lower utilization of high‐cost medical services as well as lower opioid use, and cost shifts reflecting the change in utilization.
What Is Direct Access?
One of the most common misconceptions that we hear on a day-to-day basis is that you need a script to see a doctor of physical therapy and actually in the state of Florida or throughout the country, and the truth is you don't.
You can literally come to any clinic, particularly Back in Motion's clinic, and you can see a doctor of physical therapy and start healing your body with motion.
You can help save yourself time, effort, and money, but also get to the root cause of your injury without any insurance hassles and just booking an appointment.
The Gray Method™
Thirdly, it's important to remember that not all physical therapy is created equally.
I'm talking about seeing a Gray Method™ practitioner. Here at Back In Motion in Ft. Myers, FL & Back In Motion in Cape Coral, FL, we get to the root cause of your injuries rather than just the symptoms.
Other medical providers can't say that in most instances, right.
Surgeries, if you have knee pain, they do surgery on your knee, yeah it's going to fix the symptom, but did it really get to the root cause of it?
After that surgery, you might be able to walk better and do things, but then if you go squat and move abnormally, that knee pain is probably gonna come back.
It's same thing with that lower back pain. That's why 50% of spinal surgeries fail, is, and that's because most spinal surgeons don't get to the root cause of back pain.
They don't understand how the rest of the body's interconnected to the lower back, right.
We were put together as one whole unit. Our back doesn't function in isolation from our hips, our feet, or our thoracic spine.
And so that's what we really stand for here at Back in Motion, and that's the Gray Method™, right, getting to the root cause of it, not just the symptom.
I encourage all of you guys to see a doctor of physical therapy if you have pain, stiffness, or an injury and save yourself the time, the money, the effort, the headache of dealing with the local healthcare system, and heal your body naturally!
So again, our bodies heal with motion. Motion is lotion, but then on top of that, seeing a Gray Method™ practitioner is really going to help take you to the place where you want to be of feeling normal again and getting back in motion.
See How We Can Help You With Your Pain!
Hit one of the orange buttons below to arrange a call back or call us directly at 239-223-0484