Having knee pain has become a rampant condition among the young and old. Finding the appropriate knee joint pain treatment is one of the main questions patients ask frequently.There are several causative factors to knee pain, ranging from acute injuries to complications of medical conditions. Knee pain is often accompanied by restrictions in walking and its effect might be localized or systematic. Before treatment, a physical examination must be done to establish the cause. It is with this diagnosis that the method of treatment can be determined.
The main aim of knee joint pain treatment is to reduce the extent of pain, swelling and weakness. An effective treatment should be able to cure the symptoms as well as the cause of the knee pain in order to prevent a recurrence of the problem. The treatment of knee joint pain is most effective if it is started early and done consistently.
This article will bring to light the various knee joint pain treatments that will give effective results.
Medication is the most common knee joint pain treatment. If the cause of the knee pain is due to the presence of an underlying disease, your doctor may prescribe medications to help relieve pain and treat that disease. Drugs like paracetamol help to reduce the pain while Ibuprofen helps to reduce the swelling.
Injections are usually helpful when treating knee joint pain, especially when caused by cartilage tears. There are three types of injections used:
- When injected into your knee joint, corticosteroid injections help to reduce swelling and provide pain relief that lasts a few months.
- Hyaluronic acid: This is a thick fluid which helps to lubricate the knee joints when injected into your knee. It helps to improve mobility and ease pain.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP): This type of injection is made with different growth factors that help to reduce inflammation and promote healing. These types of injections are usually used to treat knee joint pain in children and people with mild arthritis.
Surgery is usually done when the knee joint pain is persistent. It is recommended when other treatment methods are not helping to reduce the pain. There are three types of surgery methods and they are:
- Arthroscopic surgery: Arthroscopy is a knee surgery performed by making small incisions in the skin over the knee. Arthroscopy is used to remove loose bodies from your knee joint, remove or repair torn meniscus, remove a baker’s cyst, and to reconstruct torn ligaments and fractures.
- Partial knee replacement surgery: This is a type of knee surgery where the damaged part of the knee is usually replaced with metal and plastic. It is faster to recover from this surgery than a total knee replacement.
- Total knee replacement: This is the most common type of knee surgery. Knee replacement is an option when the damaged joint causes constant pain and cannot be treated by other treatment methods.Usually, the damaged bone and cartilage from your thighbone, shinbone and kneecap is cut off, and replaced with an artificial joint made of metal alloys, plastics, and polymers.
Want to See How We Can Help You?
Claim A Free 20 Minute Discovery Visit….
This is the best knee joint pain treatment. This is because it is a natural way of treating knee pain with no side effects. It basically works by strengthening the muscles around your knee, making it more stable. This therapy mainly focuses on the muscles in the back and front of your thighs. Physical therapy for muscle strengthening is also needed to prevent recurrent dislocations.Sport activities and exercises are used as treatment therapies and it is very important to practice exercises that will improve your balance.
Though therapy treatment for knee joint pain takes a while before it becomes effective, it is the best as it uses natural methods to heal the knee. It is non-invasive and has no risk involved, unlike other forms of treatments. Research findings have also paved way for faster physiotherapy treatment approaches for knee pain that can get you performing your day-to-day activities once again.
How You Can Ease Your Knee Joint Pain…
Having knee pain can be a frustrating experience, especially for someone that is health conscious and doesn’t want surgery. To start your journey and to learn about all the different ways we may be able to assist you, you can schedule a free consultation with one of our specialty trained physical therapists by clicking here.
We also have an awesome seminar on knee pain relief entitled, “The Ultimate Knee Seminar”. In this FREE and 30 minute presentation you’ll learn naturaly ways to overcome your knee pain or stiffness, and the number one mistake patient’s make when trying to find relief. To register for this FREE seminar you can go to www.ultimatekneeseminar.com.
About Author: Dr. Scott Gray
Dr. Scott Gray is an internationally recognized and expert physical therapist specializing in sport, athletic, and back and neck injuries. He is the inventor of a revolutionary form of treatment called the GRAY METHOD. This type of treatment unlike others, addresses the CAUSE rather than just your SYMPTOMS with a full body approach. For more information on how to ease or overcome your injury, go to www.backinmotionsspt.com.