Diabetes has become one of the biggest and most common lifestyle diseases amongst people.
Having an active lifestyle is essential for those who have diabetes. But with a proper nutrition plan and exercise routine, diabetes can be easily managed.
This is where personal trainers can help.
At Back In Motion, we work with diabetics on a daily basis helping them not only manage their diabetes but improve it and even reverse it if they are suffering from Type 2.
With their expertise and training in physical fitness, personal trainers can help boost your levels of aerobic exercise, strength, and overall physical fitness.
But first, it is essential to know what to look for in a personal trainer.
Two key things are required- they need to be certified and have significant training and experience working with diabetes and other health conditions.
Once you have identified your personal trainer, it is essential to have an initial consult with them to discuss your medical requirements.
Once the initial consult is over, you can work with your trainer to devise a fitness routine that is best tailored to your needs, requirements, and capacity.
Personal trainers are certified professionals who can help with different exercises and weights.
Making The Most Out Of Personal Training Sessions
Getting a personal trainer only helps if you make an effort to come through with the exercise sessions. Here is how you can make the best out of your personal training session:
- Setting up a plan: It is essential to have a plan in place, especially if you have blood sugar-related emergencies. Have backup plans ready for when you feel nauseous or tired.
- Be present and consistent: Exercise and physical training provide results only with consistency and focus. It is essential to show up clear training sessions and have a training schedule that gels with your weekly routine.
- Having a clear fitness goal: It is important to discuss a clear fitness goal mature personal trainer before embarking on your personal fitness journey. This healthy keeper the commitment and look forward to tangible results. A personal trainer can help you create realistic goals and keep you accountable.
- Communicate: Exercise can be challenging; however, if you find that you're not able to perform a particular exercise, tell your trainer immediately. It is crucial that you know your limits and work consistently to improve your fitness.
The benefits of exercise are unparalleled for cardiovascular health, and when coupled with dietary and lifestyle changes, it can lead to a profound change in your physical and mental health.
Here are some ways personal trainers can help with diabetes management.
With a sustained and effective workout routine, coupled with proper nutrition, physical trainers can work with their clients to get the following results:
- A reduction in insulin requirements
- Reduced blood pressure
- A rise in post-exercise glucose uptake
- Greater physical strength
- overall weight management
- Improved mental health
- Overall enhancement in quality of life
With a personal trainer, you have complete control over your fitness goals and strategies.
This is especially important if you haven’t exercised regularly for a while or are entirely new to it.
A personal trainer can ensure sustained results with an effective exercise routine and help you avoid the risk of over excising and injury.
If you are a personal trainer, it is essential to educate yourself on the types of diabetes and the available research on diabetes management.
Each client has unique needs and requirements and will require a different approach.
A Word Of Caution
It must be noted that personal trainers and exercise routines cannot substitute medication for diabetes patients.
It is highly advisable that all those suffering from or suspecting diabetes take proper professional medical advice. Be sure to check your blood sugar level before and after your training session.
While it is natural for your glucose level to fluctuate, it should not reach any extreme.
Additionally, testing your blood sugar levels gives you a metric for how your body responds to various forms of exercise. This can help you strategize your exercise routine with your personal trainer and tailor it to your needs.
If your blood pressure is above normal before exercising, it is ideal to pause halfway and check for ketones.
If your blood sugar levels do not stabilize, it is best to stick to low-intensity workouts and exercise regimes.
In Conclusion, Hiring a Personal Trainer Is Essential!
Personal trainers can help you plan a consistent exercise routine that keeps your health and safety a priority.
They help keep you on track and work with you to keep your diabetes in check.
Working out with proper form and customized workout routines can work wonders for a person's physical and mental wellbeing.
Managing diabetes can be hectic and stressful, but with the proper resources, medication, and fitness regime, diabetes can be very well managed.
8-Week Long Diabetes Management Course in Fort Myers!
If you live in Fort Myers and need help managing your diabetes or completely undo your Type 2 Diabetes, we are working with Synergetic Health And Healing Center to bring you an 8 Week program to learn all about diabetes and what the next steps are.
In this program, you will get valuable workbooks, cookbooks, DVDs, and one-on-one training from “The Diabetic Nurse”, Dawn Papp!
The workshop starts October 6th so sign-up today by clicking here!