How to Know if You Have Text Neck?
You could be having a text neck if you suffer from the following symptoms:
• Stiff neck: soreness and difficulty in moving the neck
• Pain: either localized or the one that radiates itself into arms and shoulders
• Muscular weakness: weakness in shoulder muscles like trapezius, and rhomboids
• Headache: tension and stress leading to headache
What You Can Do About Your Text Neck
When it comes to text neck, nothing helps well than prevention. Here are a few recommendations that should be kept in mind:
• Avoid staying glued to smartphones for long time. No matter how urgent chat discussion is going on, it can wait, yes?
• Avoid maintaining a static posture for long. Move here and there, and refresh yourself.
• Avoid holding phablets and tablets just with one hand. It not only takes a toll on your arm but also impacts your posture.
• Avoid prolonged swiping and typing. We agree that this one is difficult, but it deserves a try, right?
• Position your device properly, ensuring that your head and neck are not stressed in any way.
What if I Already Have It?
If you are already suffering from text neck, you can work towards bettering your condition by:
• Performing neck movements like side bending and rotations
• Performing chin tuck exercises
• Using ice/heat packs
However, if the situation is pretty severe, a suitably designed neck physical therapy program could help by one of our neck pain specialists.
You can also choose to take help of a trained physical therapist who will create a customized exercise schedule for you. To learn more, you can call one of your experts today or click here to fill out a simple form.