Planning always saves the day. Make sure you run through at least a rough plan of what you intend to do in the day and try to optimize it so you save yourself from any unwanted stress or physical activity.
For instance, shopping is one of the most straining and exhausting activities you have to do near the holidays.
Try to simplify shopping and avoid having to stand in long queues and carrying a load of heavy shopping bags.
Here are some tips to help you out:
- You can try to go digital with online shopping for gifts or pre-plan to get the personalized gifts delivered to your friends directly to their address.
- You can try to shop as a group along with your friends, so you get to share the workload and avoid lifting heavy objects alone.
- Make a shopping list and stick to it.
- Plan your cooking preparations ahead of time or try to seek help to avoid long-standing hours in the kitchen
- Get assistance for serving the meals, decorating the house, and don’t try to do it all by yourself.
- Plan schedules to include some breathing space and breaks in between. Learn to say no when you feel some activities are too draining.
Whatever be your holiday task, never go overboard and lose out on your health.
Take care of yourself and make sure you treat yourself well. Make use of easy tools and comfortable techniques to do your tasks.
Place yourself on a comfortable chair as you chop up vegetables, lean on your high counter for a few seconds as you cook, stretch out your legs, arms and neck in between, and don’t get stuck in one single position for too long.
Keep yourself active but not overstrained. Remember to take breaks. You can use a stopwatch to not get stuck in one single position for too long.
Keep yourself active but not overstrained. Remember to take breaks.
You can make use of your smartphone clock or counters to notify you of the time for your short walk or stretching routine. Read books, listen to good music, and relax.
Get yourself the comfortable and ergonomic tools as gifts. If your mattress needs replacement, add it to your shopping list and get a good one to help support your back and have a restful sleep.
Need Professional Help?
Don’t stop working on your healthy habits and seek professional help when you need it.
Call our office at 2396104989 and schedule your appointment today!
We offer Fort Myers Physical Therapy, and Cape Coral Physical Therapy.